Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend!  Wow, where to start?!  This was a very crazy and wonderful week!  I guess I'll start by telling you that we found out about transfers and I'm going to be transferred to Fond du Lac, Wisconsin this week!  I'm also going to be the senior companion!  I'm having a lot of mixed emotions right now but I definitely felt that it is my time to leave.  My companion and I have been thinking about and dreading transfers all week and did feel that I was probably going to leave.  When Saturday came I just felt really calm about it so I thought maybe I wasn't going to get transferred  but after the baptism we went to go have correlation with our ward mission leader and the elders and the first thing that Elder Sommer said was "you're leaving."  So there it is!  I do love Marquette a lot but I have felt more than anything that this is the Lord's work and He calls us to where we are supposed to go.  We will be in the right place at the right time.  I'm definitely going to be stretched a lot this week and will be praying for help through the atonement.  The little miracle is that I'm going to my companion's old area so she will be able to tell me all about it.  I'm very excited to meet and follow up with the recent convert that they baptized while she was there!  Sister Ostler will be staying in Marquette and will be training a new missionary! :D I'm so so excited for her because I know she is going to be SO wonderful and that the new missionary that comes out will be in very good hands!  Also, my old companion, Sister Brandley, is getting transferred to Green Bay to be a sister training leader!  So she is going to be one of the sister training leaders for the Marquette sisters and will get to come back to Marquette on exchanges!  I'm SO happy for her because I know how much she absolutely loves Marquette and she really wanted to serve sometime during her mission in Green Bay.  Anyway, Sister Ostler is telling me all about Fond du Lac and she says it is really an awesome place.

Also, this week we had interviews with President Cutler.  He taught a little lesson on the atonement and compared to free cookies.  Then later that day Sister Cutler came out with us while President Cutler went out with the elders.  What a great day it was!  Sister Cutler is a wonderful missionary and is one of the sweetest and most humble people I have ever met!  I loved having her with us.  We had a dinner appointment and then did some contacting.  We met a couple named Laurie and Jim who didn't even know us but were so sweet to us.  We taught them a little about the Book of Mormon and shared some Easter scriptures with them and then they gave us Easter cookies that they had baked.   We said a prayer for them and afterwards Jim clasped his hands together and closed his eyes and earnestly said a few words in prayer for us.  It kind of took us by surprise.  He didn't end the prayer in amen but he humbly tried praying for us in the only way he knew how. (I guess we"ll have to teach him the restoration next time.)   It was so spur of the moment and sincere.  It really touched my heart that he did that. 

Then on Saturday Treasa was baptized!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D  I don't think I possibly tell you how amazing she is and how happy I am for her!  The font wasn't filled up high enough so they had try to about 5 times with her really bending down her knees for it to work but you could just see each time how earnestly and sincerely she wanted to be baptized!  I don't know many other people that would be as patient as she was!  She just seems to always see the bright side of things!  She didn't say anything bad about it at all in fact, she said that the Spirit just seemed to get stronger each time.  Her husband and some of her extended family that are not members came and watched.  After the baptism her husband said to us"it will take me a little longer than her to get where she's at, but it's pretty much like Catholic."  I took that as someday he will join the church too.  He is Catholic but has been coming to church to support her.  I'm really going to miss Treasa but I look back and wow it was really a tender mercy that I was even able to see her get baptized!  Everything worked out perfectly so she could be baptized this week, even though we originally had her baptism scheduled for next Saturday. 

Well, love you all!!!  The church is astoundingly true!