Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014

My heart is overwhelmed with joy right now for the blessings we have seen!  Yesterday was an absolutely amazing day and we saw a lot of miracles and tender mercies.  We made the long trip out to Munising on Tuesday and visited our investigator Treasa, who is preparing for baptism this weekend! :D  She never ceases to amaze Sister Ostler and I!  She is so filled with love and so close to the Lord.  She also came to church yesterday and sat by us during sacrament meeting.  We had an awesome sacrament meeting all about the atonement.  After the meeting, one of the converts in the ward came up to us and told her to right in her journal the day she gets baptized because she will never forget it and it will be the best decision she ever made.  She told us with tears streaming down her face that she knows the Lord has been leading her here.  She told us she felt joy and then said "wow, wouldn't it be great if everyone could feel this."   It sure would!  She is definitely motivated me to have a greater desire to work hard and make the most of my time here.  We had another lesson with her after church about tithing and fast offerings.  I will never forget her prayer.  It touched my heart so much to hear her humbly pray for the opportunity to share the gospel.  We are so excited for her baptism this Saturday!  What an amazing Easter weekend it is going to be! 

Yesterday, we also stopped by a former investigator that I have great hopes for.  His wife is a less active member and his daughter was baptized but the ward does not have record of it.  It sounds like he really wants to start reading the Book of Mormon again.  I think some of his previous hangups aren't bothering him as much anymore.  His daughter, Audrey, wants to come to young womens this  week.  We did a Book of Mormon reading calender for Craig before and sent him out a scripture reminder text.  He seemed to like it and wants to do that again! Good things are happening. :)
The family we are teaching is still progressing slowly but baby steps are good too, as long as they keep taking them. 
I hope you all have a great Easter and use this wonderful time to reflect upon the Savior this week.  The gospel brings joy, and Christ brings light and joy!  It never ceases to amaze me how much the Lord is mindful of us and is quick to answer our prayers.  I know that Jesus Christ lives!  He is our Savior and Redeemer!  There is not a doubt in my mind that this gospel is true and that this is the Lord's work.  He knows these people and He knows us. 

Well, I hope you all have an amazing Easter!  We woke up to another foot of snow this morning so I'm pretty sure we will be having a white Easter, haha!  It certainly makes things entertaining sometimes.  Transfers are next week and there is a great possibility I will get transferred.  I'm so grateful for my companion she is so amazing and I really hope that we get to be together for one more transfer but I guess we'll see.  Love you all!