Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10, 2014

Well, this week was soooooooo  exciting!!!  In January we received a media referral from a woman named, Treasa who lives in Munising.  That is about an hour drive away from us so we don't usually go out there at all.  Well, when I made the call I failed to notice that she lived in Munising and talked to her about scheduling a time to come visit her.  Usually the media referrals are for us to deliver something, but she said that she didn't really know why she referred herself, just that she felt like she should when she was looking at the church website and was going to hang up because she didn't really want to know more.  I decided quickly to try and just get an appointment with her and tried to keep her talking.  Anyway, there I was trying to schedule an appointment, while my companion is hitting her head next me, making hand gestures not to make an appoinment.  I told Tresa that we would call her back and ended the call.  I felt really bad that I hadn't checked the location of the referral.  We didn't have the miles to go out to Munising that month but my trainer said that we'd have to somehow make it work in a later month.  Well, I told you that long story so you would understand better how exciting this week was.  Saturday we went out to Munising to finally meet Tresa!  I don't think I can possibly describe the miracle it was that everything worked out the way it did!  We weren't sure about going to Munising but decided somehow we were going to make it work.  Sister Maynard, a member of the ward, met us there and we had the most amazing lesson!  Tresa truly was prepared by the Lord for the gospel at this time in her life.  It was a very emotional lesson but what a miracle it was too!  I will never forget the joy in countenance when we invited her to be baptized and she said yes and began sobbing.  She was beaming from ear to ear!  We set a baptismal date for her on April 26th.  She wasn't able to come to church yesterday and we were concerned about how her husband would react but we called her and he is actually very supportive and wants to come to church next week too!  I'm so grateful for the gospel and to be a missionary!  It is truly a joy to serve the Lord and witness such miracles.  It is truly the Lord's work and power. 
Also, it was an exciting surprise to see one of our investigators at church yesterday that said they wouldn't be able to make it.  Well, I have to go but the church is enthusiastically true!
love you all!

Sister Prestwich