Monday, February 23, 2015

February 16th, 2015

Wow!  What a week!  Monday and Tuesday were both extremely busy trying to prepare for transfers and visiting everyone before Sister Osmond left!  We had a lesson with Holly on Tuesday morning and the whole rest of the day was booked until 9 at night but we found out that we would actually be leaving at 7 at night instead of Wednesday morning!  It was crazy!  On Wednesday morning they had a really neat special training for the trainers.  I am grateful for the opportunity to train because it is teaching me SO much!  It was such a special experience!  I was able to play the piano for it and I'm just grateful to be a missionary!  We sang called to serve and all of the new missionaries walked in and faced the trainers.  When I came down I was just wondering which one of them is going to be my new companion??  Well, my new companion is Sister Calderon from Midland, Texas!  She is so wonderful and such a great gospel teacher!  I love being her companion and truly it has been a great learning opportunity for me this week!  It hasn't been easy but I am learning so much and am grateful for Sister Calderon! 

As a mission we have an apostle, a seventy, and another General Authority coming to our mission on March 21st and we have been preparing by doing a forty day fast!  We have been
Feasting upon the words of Christ, reading the Book of Mormon and Preach my Gospel everyday
Acting in obedience
Sanctifying through the sacrament
Testifying with our feet
to prepare for it!  We are so excited!  We just found out that 2 families with recent converts from exactly a year ago are preparing to be sealed on our ward temple trip day, March 14th!!!!!!!!!!!!  It is so exciting!!!!!!!!  This is a really big day for the ward here!  Ebony, a recent convert, is preparing to go to the temple for the first time along with a lot of the other recent converts and some returning less actives we have been working with!  It is such a big day and we are so excited!!!!!!!!!!!  When we started focussing our recent converts on the temple it really motivated them! 

We saw a lot of little tender mercies this week.  We invited Thaina to be baptized on a specific day and were able to see Joleen and Faith again.  We started working with a few new people and met a girl named Becky.  I have to go now but I love you all!!!  Have a great week!  I know that this church is true!  And I know that our Savior loves us SO much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Never forget that!  There is great power  in the pure love of Christ!