Wednesday, February 5, 2014

February 3, 2014

We are braving the cold up here this week! So much has happened!
This week was transfers so on Tuesday we drove all the way down to Fond du Lac, Wisconsin to pick up my new companion, Sister Ostler, and drop off Sister Brandley. It was a fast goodbye but a hard leave for Sister Brandley. I ended up being in the car for 9 hours that day because the zone leaders wanted us to make the trip there and back up to Marquette in one day! It was long but it gave Sister Ostler and I plenty of time to get to know eachother!
I love Sister Ostler, she is wonderful and a very hard worker! She has been out for 4 1/2 months, so we are pretty close in mission age and she is from Ephraim, Utah! She went to Snow College and one semester at BYU before coming out. Some of the things I wanted to improve in are things that she is really good at so she is helping me so much! It just goes to show Heavenly Father helps us with our righteous desires, sometimes through giving you a companion that has those strengths. :)
On Wednesday, we introduced her to the ward council. We were so blessed! It seemed like Heavenly Father just placed the people we needed to see in our path just at the right times! When we went to go see the Relief Society president, Sister Compton, the elders quorum president was stopping by to get eggs from them, and the President Johnson, from the stake presidency was also there! Later that day we were looking through the GPS for a potential we could stop by in between things and we felt like we should go see Emily. (I had met her once when we were volunteering at the museum and she said we could stop by sometime.) She invited us in and we found out that she was having a very bad day and had prayed earlier. She had two little kids and one of them really wanted to show us a music game that they had learned in the music class that day. They got out a bunch of little instruments, drums, spoons, etc., and played a rhythm game. I mentioned that I played the piano. She actually had a piano (which rarely happens here) and asked if I would play her a song. I played her Waterfall and she thanked me and said that was the best thing she had happen all day. We shared a scripture with her and tried to set a return appointment. She said her schedule is really busy right now but that we could call her and set something up.
We had a surprise at church this week. After Relief Society I saw Mr. Jim in the hallway! Mr. Jim is someone that works at the museum we volunteer at. He was there for a scouting meeting. I was still really excited to just to see him there, even if it wasn't to come to church.
Well, I am out of time. I know that the gospel is true and brings so much happiness to our lives! I have enjoyed so much the opportunities to share the hope of the gospel with others! I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The church is superbly true!