Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November 25, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
What a great week!  So I finally got to give piano lessons and it was the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We gave them at the church to a little girl and a little boy.  They are super cute and great learners.  We are teaching them out of the Alfred basic books that I taught out of at home but we only have one so they share it.  They are a little competitive about it now since they are using the same book, haha.  The brother really wants to be ahead of his sister in that piano book :)  It was so SO much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D
We met with one of our investigators that was again interested in being baptized.  She had lost the fire for it for a long time but last time we met with her, she once again had the desire to be baptized.  We had another great lesson with her but heard some sad news.......they are moving to Kentucky in a couple of weeks!!!!!!!!!  I am sad she will be leaving!  I enjoyed seeing the light in her eyes when we would teach her. 
Sister Brandley is so wonderful!  She is really good with people and with the ward members.  She is a great example to me of serving others, especially your companion. :)  The other day we volunteered at the children's museum.  We got to take the turtles out of their homes!  We had the children and people there sit in a circle on the floor and we put the turtles in the middle.  It was super fun!  I can now say that I am pretty comfortable holding turtles. :)
We met with Cherie and her son Alan.  She is doing so awesome!  She has a hard time reading because of the small print and so we got her a large print Book of Mormon.  We set a baptismal date for her on February 1.  They are so serving and kind.  At the Relief Society activity, she stayed the whole time and helped cook and clean up.  She was one of the last ones to leave!  What a humble and kind person she is! 
Also, this week I was asked to speak in sacrament meeting.  We were super busy and I didn't actually organize my talk until Sunday morning.  I was asked to speak on missionary work and felt prompted to also talk about the love of God.  I am continually humbled at how marvelous and great God's love is for us.  He knows us by name and is always there to help us in times of need when we rely on Him. After I spoke I got to sing in the choir, "I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me."  It seemed to be the theme for the day because in Relief Society the lesson was on loving others like Jesus loves us.  After church they had a potluck dinner at the church!  It was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Tons of really good food!  It seems either we get fed in abundance or we are super hungry, haha.  I have learned to carry granola bars with me just in case :)
Yesterday evening was really fun!  We went to the Northern Michigan University campus to see a few less active members there.  We ended up teaching the Plan of Salvation (with those pictures the sisters at home gave me:) in the hallway to a small group of college students.  A few that were walking by stopped to talk with us too.  We will be meeting with one of them again next week. 
So it is definitely hunting season! Everyone up here loves hunting!  It is quite the sight when we are driving down the road and see all these deer strapped to the top of the cars, haha.  And no I have not tried to deer meat here yet.  Well, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We have so so SO much to be grateful for! (Alma 26:37) God is truly mindful of ALL of His children!  I'm grateful to be here right now. God is truly teaching me how much He cares for His children.  I love you!
Have fun eating good food this week! :D