Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18, 2013

Another great week in Marquette, Michigan!!!!!!!!!!  We had zone conference this week and it was so so so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Our mission president, President Cutler has been really focusing on the Book of Mormon and getting our investigators to read because we are truly helping them come unto Christ when we help them to study the Book of Mormon.  The spirit was so amazing and I truly felt the joy of the spirit.  We have the truth and it is good but it is what we do because of the truth that we know that truly changes us.  We are trying to get souls into the Celestial kingdom, that is our goal.  We talked about the family.  Our goal is to bind families together.
We also went on exchanges this week with the sister training leaders.  I was with Sister Neal and it was an amazing day!  We met with an investigator who is a paraplegic.  He had a very intense accident that led him to be that way and has questions about what comes next after this life.  I know the gospel can help him as we continue to teach him.  Sister Neal and I also went tracting and I think she helped me to feel less like a salesman in door approaches, haha.  It was definitely good.  On Saturday we went to a less active members house and started teaching them about studying the scriptures and the blessing that come from reading the Book of Mormon.  I ended up talking a lot about how if we truly desire to feel of the joy that comes from coming closer to Christ through the Book of Mormon we can and a lot of desiring to have the blessings of the gospel and how the Book of Mormon can help us.  Then Sister Brandley surprised me by asking Lacey if she had the desire to be baptized.  I learned that although the rest of the family was less active, Lacey was not a member of the church.  She had the desire to be baptized and had taken the missionary lessons but then had lost the desire.  I thought it was cool that I hadn't realized this was her situation but through the Spirit I  had said what was needed to help her regain that desire.  She wants to be baptized again but she wants to understand the Book of Mormon better. She has a hard time understanding it so we will continue to work with her.  I was really bold in talking to her because I thought she was already a less active member and I probably wouldn't have said all the things I did if I knew she wasn't baptized yet but she needed to here my bold testimony of scripture reading.  I guess the Lord works in mysterious ways. :)  We also met with the Stockers and they really need prayers right now. They want to be baptized but life is hard and they are struggling right now.  Please pray for them. 
Sunday was amazing too!!!!!!!!!!!!  The sacrament meeting talks were super good!  One of them was on hastening the work!  The members here are so missionary minded, it is wonderful!  They are definitely a huge help!  We helped with a few lessons in Sunday school and we did missionary role plays with the young women. 

Also, last night we met with a Chinese investigator named Shuang!!!!!!!!!!  She fed us real Asian soup!  She has to go to the doctor today and is super nervous so pray for her.  She is so nice and likes to learn about Jesus.  It was a very interesting lesson.  They have Chinese copies of the Book of Mormon so when we would take turns reading the scriptures out loud, Shuang and her father would read it in Chinese and then we would read it in English.  Difficult but it worked, haha.  Take advantage of reading the Book of Mormon!  Even as our prayers go up to the ears of the Lord, His voice comes down to us when we read the scriptures.  I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!