Tuesday, December 16, 2014

December 9th, 2014

Wow!  It has been such a crazy and great week!  So winter so far has been nothing like Marquette.  The temperature has been staying pretty much in the 30's. 
A lot happened this week but I will try to give you all the highlights. 
On Tuesday we had a very unique lesson with a lady named Joy.  She is a less active member of the church and the Elders told us we should go and see her.  The thing is she only speaks Laotian so we could not communicate with her.  She invited us in and gave us some sticky rice and invited us to sit down.  We sang "I am a child of God" to her and I will never forget that experience.  It just really touched my heart that the spirit really is the most important thing in our lessons.  She didn't understand what the words were, maybe she knew the song.  I don't know but I do know that the spirit touched our hearts and that was a good and familiar thing to her.  The rest of the visit we just pointed to her pictures of her family and she told us their names.  We introduced our names and offered to do her dishes, haha.  It was so exciting to me when we walked into the chapel on Sunday and we saw her and her husband sitting on the chairs and she smiled brightly at us.  It just warmed my heart! 
We also had a neat District meeting where a new convert spoke to us on hope.  We have been trying out these new surveys as a door approach.  We haven't used it a ton yet but are continueing to try it out.  We have also been getting a lot of referrals lately.  One of the memers from Fond du Lac has a sister that lives in Sheboygan so we went and visited with her.  It was so fun and she wants to have lunch with us sometime! 
On Wednesday we made cookies with Sister Boldt and took them to our investigator, Linda, who lives across the street.  It was so good for Linda and Sister Boldt to meet eachother and now LInda has another friend in the ward! 
We had our first lesson with our new investigator family, Valerie and Alex and their kids.  Alex wasn't home but we taught Valerie the restoration and Ebony, a new convert, came with us to help teach and share her testimony.  Ebony was the perfect friend for Valerie!  She could really relate to her and I know that needed to happen that way.  Valerie came to church on Sunday with her two little girls, Adrianna, and Annalise.  They are 1 and 2 years old so sacrament meeting was rough but she stayed all 3 hours and enjoyed it!  We have a giving tree, and she offered to help out and also bring a dish for the potluck Sunday in two weeks!  I loved this past fast Sunday!  I'm grateful for fast and testimony meetings.  I didn't bear my testimony in sacrament meeting but I want you all to know that I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for His great love for us!  He loves you and me and all of us!  I'm so grateful for the blessing to give this time to serve Him and others.  I am in no way near perfect but I'm grateful that our Heavenly Father wants to help our weaknesses become strengths through relying on Him.  This was a really neat week and I'm grateful that the Lord watches over us.  It is so neat to see not only His hand in my life but His hand in lives of those we work with and meet everyday.  I love you all! 

Really quick I have to tell James about Thaina and Yu!  I met our investigators Thaina and Yu for the first time this week!  They are so wonderful!  Thaina is from Brazil.  Her brother is a member and she really looks up to him and her mom is not but she wants to send missionaries to meet her mom.  We taught them the plan of Salvation this week.  Yu is her friend and he is from Japan! :D  He said he lived in Utah for awhile as an exchange student so he gets excited to meet anyone from Utah!  We ordered a japanese Book of Mormon for him.  He was excited to here that you served in Japan, James!  James do you have anything I should know for our japanese investigator?  Can you teach me a cool phrase I can say to him?  Well, I have to go now!  Love you!  The church is limitlessly true!