Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October 6, 2014

What a week!  First of all, I just have to say how much I love General Conference!  The speakers are inspired servants of the Lord!  I loved all of the messages that they shared and am excited to work hard to apply them.  I really liked the speakers that gave their talks in their native languages.  That was really neat. 

Well, at the beginning of the week we had District Meeting on asking inspired questions which I really want to work on and I think I have a great example to help me.  We were still out of miles so we ended up walking to our dinner appointment and on the way met a lady named Jeanne.  She was really sweet and told us that she is related to the Bengel family in our branch.  We didn't get a return appointment but she said she can always use help with her yard and we are welcome to stop by any time.  So we are definitely going to go back and offer our service to her. 
After talking to her it started to get dark and we were going to be late for our dinner appointment.  We firmly grabbed our bags and jogged down the country road.  It was really hard and we got chased by a couple of dogs (first time we've actually been chased)  but it was an exciting adventure and we were sure glad when we made it!  Surprisingly we were only a few minutes late for our dinner appointment and they were loading hay into their barn.  So we helped them finish with the hay.  Funny enough, there were other members from our branch coming that we could've gotten a ride with, haha.  That's alright, we made it and learned endurance. :)  It was a really neat dinner appointment and one that I won't forget.  At the end we were in a hurry to get out because it was getting late but I remembered that we hadn't said a closing prayer.  I mentioned it and we said one.  I'm really glad that I did because that led to someone getting a priesthood blessing after the prayer.  I don't know if that would've happened if we had just hurried out.  Either way I'm grateful that we were there for it. 


Well, I'm out of time.  I hope you all have a fantastic week!  The church is everlastingly true!