Monday, July 14, 2014

July 14, 2014

Yep, this week is transfers and.......... my companion, Sister Ormsby, is getting transferred.  I am sad she is leaving, I have definitely learned a lot from her, and she is such a good missionary!  She is getting transferred to the Parkway area in Milwaukee and she will be in a trio.  I know she is going to do great there, and I'm sure my new companion will be great too!
Well, we taught Virginia the Word of Wisdom this week.  She has been doing really well at reading the Book of Mormon pretty regularly now.  I hope she gets to the point where she is reading 10 minutes everyday!  We found out that she drinks a tablespoon of coffee everyday.  I thought that was kind of silly.  She used to drink a lot of coffee and then she cut down everything but that 1 tablespoon, haha.  I hope she can make the decision to quit altogether.  I think from our lesson she will try it out this week.  
We had an amazing lesson with Sister Brummond this week!  She is a less active member of the branch.  Our branch mission leader came with us to the last lesson and told her that the branch needs her and that she should come back.  It was a very bold lesson and so was a lesson this week but she is sincerely thinking about coming  back.  It is hard though.  She has a testimony of the gospel, she loves it and misses it but has had some things in her life that she is just having a hard time overcoming.  I am praying for her.  Although we didn't have any investigators at church this week we did have two less active members come, Sister Hily, and Sister Basty!  The members make such a big difference in that.  
Also, we got a new investigator this week.  His name is George and he used to be next door neighbors with the Warren's.  Bro.  and Sis.  Warren came with us and we talked to him a little bit about the Book of Mormon.  Last we heard he has been reading!  He has 2 kids, a little girl and a  boy.   Bro. and Sis. Warren are branch missionaries and are just so great!  The branch is truly wonderful here.

We also had zone training this week and our mission president has asked us each to pray daily for a baptism in each area of the mission between July and October General conference!  Some of the areas have not had baptisms for over a year but it is so exciting to be a part of this great work, where miracles truly do happen everyday! Well, I have to go now but I love you all and hope that this week goes well! :D  The church is breathtakingly true!